Health & Safety
With such a broad range of services and a focus on electrical work dealing with high voltages, a health and safety policy is an essential part of our business. In addition to using only qualified and accredited engineers, we also carry out full risk assessments and method statements for every project.
The company has open NICEIC accreditation and experienced staff qualified in all electrical sectors.
Our Health and Safety Manager has successfully completed his City & Guilds Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Practice 501/1818/3.
Each installation team consists of a supervisor, qualified electricians and electrician’s mates, dependent on the works involved.
Health and Safety Policy Statement
AN-ELEC LIMITED will:
- Establish and implement a Health and Safety Management System to manage the risks associated with our premises and activities.
- Regularly monitor our performance and revise our Health and Safety Management System as necessary to ensure we achieve our objective of continuous improvement.
- Provide sufficient resources to meet the requirements of current Health and Safety legislation and aim to achieve the standards of 'Good Practice' applicable to our activities.
- Ensure that responsibilities for Health and Safety are allocated, understood, monitored and fulfilled.
- Co-operate with other organisations on construction sites to ensure that they are aware of any risks to their employees and other people posed by our activities, that we are aware of any risks to our employees from their activities, and that we comply with the requirements of relevant legislation.
- Communicate and consult with our staff on all issues affecting their health and safety and, in doing so, bring this policy to their attention.
- Provide adequate training for our staff to enable them to work safely and effectively, and to ensure they are competent and confident in the work they carry out.
- Carry out and regularly review risk assessments to identify hazards and existing control measures. We will prioritise, plan and complete any corrective actions required to reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- Maintain our premises and work equipment to a standard that ensures that risks are effectively managed.
- Actively promote an open attitude to Health and Safety issues, encouraging staff to identify and report hazards so that we can all contribute to creating and maintaining a safe working environment.
We take health and safety very seriously. Our staff are well versed in all aspects of working safely on site, to ensure both themselves and other on site people are safe at all times.